Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Spookshow by Tim McGregor

Life used to be normal for Billie Culpepper. Drab even. That all that changed after an accident left her in a coma for three days. That's when the spookshow really began, when Billie realized that she could see the dead.

And the dead could see her.

Now, they won't leave her alone.

Accompanying two friends through a haunted house, Billie uncovers a terrible secret that brings, not only the police, but the homicide detective responsible for putting her into the hospital in the first place. He's also the one man she sworn to stay away from.


I actually really like this one. Billie wasn't as, for a lack of a better term, "psychicy" as I'd hoped. I mean, you see people getting famous all the time for having apparent "psychic abilities" and here you have young Billie, who actually CAN see and feel ghosts and behold, no one believes her! Except for the crazy chick, but I don't want to get into that. 
 
All in all, I really enjoyed this story, it was a rather quick read, but it was fast paced and eventful. However, the whole backstory between Billie and the homicide detective are a little iffy. It was a great book though. It was delightfully scary and it made me want more. I give this book a 5/5 stars.

[Source: Amazon.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment