Monday, January 12, 2015

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

In all honesty, when I picked out this book it was because of the cover. I had no idea what I was getting myself into at the time and I had no idea what it was about. When I first began to read it,I thought, oh great, ANOTHER love story. Until Ari met Dante and the book began to bloom. Their curiosity in not only life but everything around them in life was beautiful and breathtaking. What I thought literally meant "discovering the secrets of the universe" actually meant "discovering the little things in the universe that revolves around our being" and it was amazing. The ending really surprised me a bit but it was a good way to end such a story. Although, you couldn't really say it was a story but more of a telling, a telling of an important time in their lives. This book was beautifully written, from cover to cover and I couldn't out it down; I had it finished in one day. It's just one of those books that you have to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment