Monday, January 12, 2015

Anatomy of a Single Girl by Daria Snadowsky

When the book arrived at my door, I was extremely ecstatic and excited that it had arrived. I jumped right in and began to read it and tried to get into the story, I really did. The beginning was a bit of a disappointment in all honesty. It was hard to get into the story at first, but once Guy was introduced the story began to pick up a little.

What really caught my attention in the book was the amount of sexual behavior that was described in the book. It wasn't talked about in a profane way whatsoever, but more in a mature and understandable way. I felt that the book was directed to younger teens who feel they are ready for a sexual relationship but just don't know how to handle this. This is why I gave it 3 stars, the advice in it is terrific! It really goes into depth about safe sex and STD testing prior to actually committing the act. On the other hand though, the frequency of the act seems unrealistic, but then again I'm only 15 so how it actually is is unknown to me. The author did a beautiful job with the moral of the overall story and helping young teen make the right decision in life. If that was her goal, I will never know.

The book lacked in the story aspect though. Like I stated earlier, it was hard to really get into and the end was a laborious task to pull through. It felt like it was just dragging on and on and on. It seemed that the character seemed to have the mental maturity of a five year old in some situations, but others she handled them exactly as society expects her to.

In the end, the book had it's ups and it had it's downs, just like every book does. The moral of the book is an amazing one that we all should learn and need to learn. I enjoyed parts and other's felt like I would never finish the book, but I enjoyed it. Thank you for the copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment