Monday, January 12, 2015

As Red as Blood by Salla Simukka, Owen Witesman

I thought this book would be completely confusing and a waste of time; boy was i wrong! After getting through the first two chapters, I was completely engulfed in the story. I couldn't really put my fingers on what was going on in the beginning but I guess that's why I kept reading. As you get into a little further in the book, everything is explained and I even went back to read the beginning because I now knew what was actually happening.

Lumikki is a great character with great drive for everything she does. The end actually really surprised me *spoiler alert* because I thought she would've been beaten as a child and not just bullied. *end of spoiler* But that experience really helped build her and made her who she was. She wasn't a very relatable character, but I guess that's due to the 3rd point of view. Even though it was written in the 3rd, there was still some insight to what the person was thinking and I really enjoyed that because it sort of keeps you in the loop during the story. Because of this though, you always knew more than the characters and it kept you one step ahead of what was going on.

All in all, this was a wonderful book and I genuinely enjoyed its ups and downs. Great read! I highly recommend this book!

Disclaimer: I received this book through Goodreads: First Reads Giveaways

No comments:

Post a Comment