Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Haunted by Lynn Carthage

Moving to my stepfather's English country mansion sounded so promising. But the Arnaud Manor is neglected and unwelcoming, and I get the feeling it isn't exactly uninhabited. Something wants to hurt us--especially my little sister, Tabby.

Okay, so I might be a little sensitive lately. My parents act oblivious to me, my old life is far away in San Francisco, and the gorgeous guy I just met tells me terrible stories about the infamous Madame Arnaud who lived here long ago, and about missing children and vengeful spirits. The kind of stories that are impossible to believe--until you're living in one of them, fighting to protect everyone you love...

I’m not going to hide the ugly truth with this one, I cried like a baby. I fell in love with the story from the very beginning and I felt like I could read without stopping until the very end. This book was just so different from what I’ve read in the past and it was nice to mix it up a bit.

The characters were very lovable, especially Miles. I loved his attitude towards things. He was a real go-getter so to say. Anyways, this book was almost flawlessly written, the story just flowed so naturally. It is one of those books that you would want to reread just to re-experience it.

In the end, this book is definitely worth the read and I recommend it to anyone that enjoys paranormal fiction or young adult fiction. I give this book a solid 5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment